Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sorry I've been away for so long....




How do you say sorry for disappearing from a blog without so much as an excuse?
It is simply that we needed a break after a wonderful adventure - a rest after writing the book. The former veggie-phobic boy Freddie, who was 7 when we first started the Great Big Veg Challenge, is now 13.  His sister Alexandra is 16.  And yes, he does now enjoy eating vegetables. Some things never change  - he still hates peas. But that doesn't matter because he loves everything from asparagus, sweetcorn, artichokes, sweet potato and eddoes, to cabbage, green beans and mushrooms. The GBVC seems like ancient history to him now. But the Great Big Veg Challenge is back because we are still exploring and learning new vegetable recipes. And I miss all of the blog friends that we made. So if you will forgive us for our absence...please join us again.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! About time too. It was never the same when you disappeared. Such good memories.

    I'm guilty are hardly writing these days, teaching as a career now my excuse - I hardly cook now! Such a shame but I do love my job.

    Will be looking in now and again. Much love to the family.

    David x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:45 PM

    I am so glad you're back!! When I started reading your blog, I wasn't lucky enough to be a mother and now I am. He's 3 and I have my "Freddie" work ahead of me. Your book gives me a plan AND hope. Thank you! -- Melinda M

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! I always was a bit confused... brussel sprouts and then nothing... so hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - now I have the challenge of posting lots of lovely recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back. I actually just bought the book a few weeks ago - it made it as far as Ireland and I picked it up while I was home on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moonwaves really hope you enjoy it xx

      Delete

We always love to read your comments - thank you